I’ve been following Sarah Beth of LouLouBee Clothing on Instagram and was inspired to make her pattern, the Doli Tank, for Audrey! I used cotton poplin from the Lisette line at JoAnn’s. I chickened out on the rayon I purchased… maybe next time.
My cat was excited.
Despite it being my first time adding rib binding, it turned out pretty well. I mean, it was EASY. I don’t have a lot of experience sewing clothing besides the same simple dresses I make over and over, but this was a breeze. I followed the directions and made sure that the rib binding was the perfect length over the arm and neckhole, and that went right the first time. However, I didn’t bother making sure I had a consistent seam allowance, and the band didn’t match up exactly when I sewed the shoulders, so I ripped and did it again. No big deal, lesson learned. I also had a little bit of puckering on the back center under the neckline, and I’m not sure if I needed to hold the fabric tighter or it’s because of my fabric choice (please tell me).
We wore it to Brookfield Zoo!
Wrinkly from it being so hot and sticky outside!